What is this?
Wallwisher is an online notice board which can be created with a topic. Others can add their comments and post it on the wall. Besides, videos and images can also be embedded on the wall which can make the wall colorful and attractive. The most important thing is that users can exchange ideas on the wall for free! You can find this magic wall at http://www.wallwisher.com/
The benefits of this website:
- 1. The wall can be created easily without any registration process.
- 2. Users leave comments in an anonymous way if they do not log in.It will motivate shy students to actively take part in the discussion.
- 3. The comments can be only published and viewed after the creator approves if he sets this function.
- 4. Users can add images, songs, and videos other than words on the wall.
- 5. The posts can be edited, deleted, and rearranged by the users easily.
How might it be used in English language teaching?
- In a writing class, teacher can use this online wall to help students brainstorm ideas about a specific topic.
- Teacher can introduce a language point, e.g.a grammar point or a new word, and then ask students to find the usage of the language point online by themselves and post their findings on the wall. In this way, students can be motivated to study on their own and also learn from each other on the wall.
- Teacher can ask students to give feedback of the lesson and then adjust his or her lesson plan accordingly.
- Teacher can organize group activities and ask students to talk on the wall, so that teacher can monitor their working process and mark it.
- This website is not a simultaneous platform.
- If there are a lot of comments, the wall will be messy and difficult to read.
- There is 160 words limit on the text.
- The wall can not be downloaded or saved.